Alexian Brothers Health System -
Req ID: 14781
Status: Full time
FTE: 1.0 / 80 hours per pp
Shift Details: Monday - Friday: Days
Department: ABHS - 014.9737 - ABHN PFS CASH APP,SYSTEM
Reporting to the Senior Project Analyst or Project Manager, Patient Financial Services, the Project Analyst is accountable for assigned aspects of project execution for Patient Financial Services (PFS) and Revenue Cycle projects. Provides project support, coordinates/supervises staff working on projects, assists in managing issues and accepts direction toward accomplishing the goals and objectives of the organization.
1. I. POSITION SUMMARY:
Provides project support, assists in managing issues and accepts direction toward accomplishing the goals and objectives of the organization.
1. II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
* Prepares Excel analysis, including VLookups and pivot tables
* Gathers and compiles data in a systematic fashion, clearly documenting assumptions and validating accuracy of information to resolve inconsistencies
* Researches charging/billing questions for new and existing services to ensure appropriate revenue recognition.
* Analyzes data to identify likely relationships, summarizes data and prepares summary materials for discussion with clinical and finance teams.
* Runs and extracts accurate reports from software tools
* Performs the tasks in a workplan
* Prepares agendas and minutes for meetings
* Prepares training materials to document a task
* All work is performed with a direct reflection of the Mission, Vision and Values of Ascension Health.
1. III. OTHER ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Prioritizes and systematically organizes tasks
* Appropriately documents all project related activity in knowledge sharing repository
* Actively participates in meetings
* Participates and effectively contributes on project teams
* Participates effectively on teams by working to gain support and commitment from others when performing tasks
* Prepares budget information for clinical department meetings reflecting volumes, gross and net revenue, costs per the cost accounting module, and purchases/expenses
* Prepares analysis using benchmark data obtained through internal and external databases to analyze and forecast budget impact in order to facilitate changes
* Puts together pieces of presentations
* Independently creates and debugs a SQL query
* Recommends and assists in implementing solutions to issues relating to technology incompatibilities, processes, deadlines, and budget constraints, escalating as necessary.
* Asserts own ideas and persuasively presents supporting rationale
* Independently develops analysis of gross revenue, net revenue, budget impact, and performs this at the department, clinical service and payer level.
* Raises questions to an outside vendor
* Assists with multiple projects and tasks at the same time
* Ensures accuracy and completeness of own work
* Has basic proficiency with Excel functionality including Vlookups and pivot tables
* Has basic understanding of healthcare revenue cycle
* Understands healthcare revenue cycle code sets: CPT, HCPC, ICD-9, Service Location, Revenue Code
* Has basic understanding of contract reimbursement – able to research and say how a charge is paid within a department/payer
* Understands how charges populate on the payer claim
* Participates in and fosters a performance improvement approach across the health system
* Promotes and exemplifies and supports the Ascension Health Core Values of Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity, and Dedication.
1. IV. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
* While performing the duties described above, the associate is regularly required to sit or stand for long periods of time. Some travel is required which necessitates handling baggage and navigating through airports. Associate is required to use computer for extended periods of time.
* Travel by air and land is required. Travel can be 20% to 30% of work time and overnight stays will be required.
1. V. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or other related field required
* Knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform this job are typically acquired through one to three years of progressively responsible experience in financial analysis, cost benefit analysis, and budgeting, preferably within a healthcare environment.
1. VI. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Arlington Heights, IL
Arlington Heights, Illinois