ABHS - HR -
Elk Grove Village,
Req ID: 11483
Category: Professional Technical
Status: Full time
FTE: 1.0 / 80 hours per pp
Shift Details: Days
Department: ABHS - 001.9630 - ABHS CORPORATE EDUCATION
Alexian Brothers Health System is proud of the fact that we continue to build upon values established more than 800 years ago. Although many things have changed with the times, our commitment to respect, compassion, and quality carefor every patient and every professionalremains as strong as ever. Our network currently consists of four hospitals, as well as our immediate-care and occupational health centers.
Under the direction of the Director, Learning and Development this position has the responsibility to assess, develop, plan, source and implement Management and Leadership Development Curricula throughout the Alexian Brothers Hospital System. The Talent Development Manager is responsible for the developing the leadership competencies for multiple levels of System management, from Pre Supervision up through Director level. Development work may include Vice President-level populations. Ensures that all curricula development activities support the Health System strategic direction and positively impacts all participating associates’ performance.
Key Responsibility Areas:
The Talent Development Manager works closely with the Human Resource Department Leadership Team, Health System Leadership and internal and external Thought Leaders to define learning strategies and create meaningful, strategically aligned workforce development solutions.
* Lead the sourcing, creation and oversees implementation of leadership development learning programs (to include job rotations, formal training, partnerships with institutions & universities, etc.).
* Implement leadership development programs by partnering with external institutions/learning centers and internal stakeholders.
* Develop a Leadership curriculum around defined competencies and programs, including world class business seminars, executive coaching, mentoring, shadowing and team working with key internal partners.
* Identifies critical Health System issues and outcomes that can be addressed through associate development.
* Leads the process by which the Leadership curriculum is continually developed, updated, evaluated, and revised.
* Consults with various Health System stakeholders and leads curricula and project committees to identify associate development needs that directly link to ABHS strategies.
* Keeps abreast of trends within the Leadership Development practice and the Healthcare industry to identify future competency development requirements.
* Develops a solution architecture that lays out a structured intervention that includes system sponsors, coaches and change agents, customized programs creation, communications strategy, and expected return on investment/system impact.
* Provides a clear problem definition and cost benefit analysis before any program is developed or sourced for the Health System.
* Establishes a detailed plan that includes all solution architecture aspects to include program design, delivery, deployment and evaluation.
* Sources ABHS and external faculty to deliver learning and coaching solutions.
* Deploys programs across the organization.
* Coaches teams and facilitates learning sessions as necessary.
* Talent Development Manger is also responsible for developing and managing procedures to ensure that training materials are of the highest quality and developed in compliance with applicable regulations.
* Responsible for the evaluation of all contracts of external Education vendors to ensure costs are contained and services are delivered according to plan.
* Establishes annual budgets for program development, delivery, and consulting services. Manages spend of budget and documents variations.
* Manage, track and analyze program financials and business impact for programs.
* Evaluates program performance including student satisfaction, knowledge gain, application of new knowledge in the workplace, and Health System impact.
* Partners with the Human Resources team and System Leadership in efforts to drive the culture of the system.
* Provides appropriate leadership and mentoring to assigned staff and within assigned teams.
* Presents plans/activities to senior leadership as required.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* M Ed/S in Curriculum & Instruction, Instructional Design, Adult Education, etc. required.
* Demonstrated curriculum development experience and/or formal training in curriculum development required.
* Demonstrated experience in all forms of workforce development including: group and individual coaching, classroom-based learning, performance-based training programs, synchronous and asynchronous learning environments and communication through social media.
* Five or more years of group facilitation experience required.
* Five or more years of program management experience in a corporate education environment required.
* Five or more years of coaching for groups and individual learners required.
* Superior Project Management skills with the ability to meet project goals within strict deadlines.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, team building and problem solving skills required.
* Experience working within a healthcare environment a plus.
* Experience with DACUM and Rapid Cycle Curriculum Development a plus.
* Experience with behavior analysis based courses a plus.
Elk Grove Village, IL
Elk Grove Village, Illinois