Alexian Brothers Medical Group -
Elk Grove Village,
Req ID: 13348
Status: Full time
FTE: 1.0 / 80 hours per pp
Shift Details: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Department: ABMG - 056.7939 - ABMG PAIN MANAGEMENT
Alexian Brothers Health System is proud of the fact that we continue to build upon values established more than 800 years ago. Although many things have changed with the times, our commitment to respect, compassion, and quality carefor every patient and every professionalremains as strong as ever. Our network currently consists of four hospitals, as well as our immediate-care and occupational health centers.
Provides patient care under RN or Physician supervision in medical group practice setting according to established standards and practice.
1. Demonstrates, supports and maintains established Bonaventure policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance programs, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
2. Consults with and keeps RN informed of activities, needs and problems.
3. Maintains patient confidentiality in all inter-office interactions.
4. Greets and escorts the patient to an available examination or treatment room in a pleasant, calm and efficient manner.
5. Assures consistent, smooth and customer oriented service delivery.
6. Takes accurate vital signs; elicits and documents appropriate information from the patient prior to the physician/patient encounter and communicates any pertinent information to the physician.
7. Prepares examination and treatment room with necessary supplies and equipment for scheduled procedures and treatments.
8. Assists physician with medical procedures and treatments as directed.
9. Performs diagnostic procedures such as EKGs, PFTs, Holter monitors and vision testing with RN direction after completion of competency training program.
10. Administers medications as directed by physician orders and established written protocol after completion of competency training program.
11. Performs phlebotomy and routine lab testing as directed. Processes out-going and in-coming lab specimens. Performs quality control measures as indicated by CLIA requirements and established protocols.
12. Informs patient of discharge and/or follow-up instructions given by the physician at the end of the patient/physician encounter.
13. Maintains established order and cleanliness in examination and treatment rooms and lab area in compliance with OSHA guidelines.
14. Performs measures to maintain cleanliness and sterilization of designated medical instruments and equipment in compliance with OSHA guidelines.
15. Maintains adequate medical supplies and monitors maintenance of equipment in examination and treatment rooms.
16. Transcribes written information to appropriate forms as directed by the RN or physician.
17. Maintains current, accurate documentation in the patient’s medical record.
18. Assists in assuring patient charge documents, based on services rendered, are entered on superbill.
19. Attends meetings as required and participates on committees as directed.
20. As needed, recommends quality and/or process improvement initiatives in order to more effectively and efficiently perform the job functions of this position.
21. Follows a regimen for professional growth, e.g., by attending various meetings, conferences, courses, etc.
22. Shares in Alexian Brothers Health System's Vision, demonstrates its Values, supports its Philosophy and is sensitive to its Mission.
23. Demonstrates knowledge of and follows Alexian Brothers Health System's guidelines related to guest services activities in the performance of the duties and responsibilities of the position.
24. Performs other duties within scope of training and experience (i.e., book appointments, call backs, patient check-in, batching, scanning reports, etc.) as assigned or requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Minimum Education Graduate of Certified Medical Assistant Program and/or equivalent clinical experience.
Minimum Experience Graduate of Certified Medical Assistant Program and/or equivalent clinical experience.
Req. Certification/Registration Current Medical Assistant certification in Illinois; CPR.
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Continued)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (Continued)
Preferred Experience 6 months prior clinical medical practice experience.
Physical Demands Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/walking. Lifts, positions, pushes and/or transfers patients. Lifts supplies/equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
Working Conditions Contact with patients under a wide variety of circumstances. May be exposed to patient elements. Exposed to unpleasant elements, e.g., accidents, injuries and illness. Subject to varying and unpredictable situations. Handles emergency or crisis situations.
ADA Statement Is able to adequately perform the Essential Functions of this Job; as well as being capable of meeting its Functional and Environmental Requirements. (NOTE: BMF, LLC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified disabled individuals in compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990 and any subsequent amendments to this Act.)
Elk Grove Village, IL
Elk Grove Village, Illinois