Alexian Brothers Health System -
Req ID: 14936
Status: Full time
FTE: 1.0 / 80 hours per pp
Shift Details: 8 - 4:30
Department: ABHS - 014.9732 - ABHN LOGISTICS
Position Summary Under the leadership of the Senior Manager Purchasing, responsible for placing orders and troubleshooting purchases while ensuring conformance to prescribed standards. Evaluates potential sources of merchandise and places orders according to best options available within procedural guidelines and institutional time frames. Resolves problems between external customers (vendors) and internal customers. Reviews customers' history and analyzes needs. Assists customers in assessing options. Following department orientation employee must be able to demonstrate within the first six months of employment the knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate service.
Education B.A./B.S. Degree or equivalent experience.
Experience 2-4 years experience in a related field (Must have previous Healthcare Experience)
Special Qualifications Proficient PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite of Products Strong team player. Effective communication both written and verbal. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to cope with stressful situations and respond quickly and appropriately.
Degree of Supervision Required Minimal supervision. Candidate should be a self-starter and independent thinker.
Core Competencies The following position description is intended to highlight the key core competencies for the Contract Specialist I position. It is not all encompassing, but will provide you a sense of expectations associated with the position. As with any pivotal position you will be called upon periodically to provide other customer support as deemed necessary by management.
· Provide skilled assistance in the acquisition of goods or equipment to assigned customer departments.
· Demonstrate procurement knowledge of all commodities/services pertinent to assigned service lines.
· Ensure excellent customer services for all Purchasing Services' customers, while ensuring needed service/goods are procured timely at the best value.
· Act as a central point of contact for assigned service lines.
· Deliver excellent customer service for all Procurement Services' customers, while ensuring needed service/goods are procured timely at the best value.
· Maintain excellent interdepartmental and intradepartmental relationships while offering assistance and keeping the lines of communication open.
· Establish and/or maintain a buyer/vendor relationship with all sales representatives. · Participate as requested on Value Analysis sub teams.
· Effectively utilize the capabilities of the Materials Management System to implement and control items purchased.
· Anticipate customer needs and take action by providing regular and appropriate feedback.
· Generate innovative ideas, approaches and solutions by providing open, accurate and consistent information, while demonstrating support and commitment to others.
· Actively support and participate in the teamwork process.
· Document and distribute all significant discussions and decisions.
· Understand and empathize with organizational objectives, issues, and political environment while communicating these needs to corporate.
· Adhere to and follow Alexian Brothers policies and procedures.
· Maintain flexibility to perform whatever task is required.
· Use tact and sensitivity while communicating effectively with at all levels of the organization.
· Share in the Alexian Brothers Vision, demonstrate its Values, support its Philosophy, and be sensitive to its Mission.
· Follow a regimen for professional growth (i.e. attend meetings, conferences, courses, etc.), create and maintain a self-development plan.
· Perform all other duties as assigned.
Arlington Heights, IL
Arlington Heights, Illinois